Always to the frontier

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Thanks!

Last month, despite a paucity of posts, American Voyages hit an all time high viewer count of any month out there.  Apparently you like reading my takes on history and international relations, which probably means I need to write more on the matter.  The purposes of this blog are to share perspectives on the geography and history of our continent, and thus far it seems like that is something I have been doing.  I was debating about shutting down the blog as I do not seem to have much time for it these days, and it does come with a cost; in the absence of any ads or monetizing efforts (and trust me, I would be earning a decent income off of this), the blog costs money to keep up and running.  I keep getting pageviews, however, as well as comments and questions at BKryda@Gmail.com.

That in mind, let's keep up with this thing.  In the spirit of a continuing exploration into the heart of a North American identity, have this shot of heading west on I-80 through the Delaware Water Gap, one of the great breaches in the Appalachian wall that our ancestors used to see just what was beyond yet another western horizon.

The left rise is Pennsylvania, and the shot is taken from New Jersey.

No comments:

Post a Comment