Always to the frontier

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Other Blogs: Jim McCormac

Just after finishing our post tonight, I stumbled into my reading list on blogger for the first time in forever, and found a delightful gem of an article:

http://jimmccormac.blogspot.com/2014/12/spring-grove-cemetery-and-braun-sisters.html

Of particular note, Emma Lucy Braun was one of the past scientists who first inspired me to take a second look at the natural world, way back in seventh grade when my amazing science teacher, Ms. Williams exposed us to women in science.   Despite my many years of reading classic works on North American ecosystems, I regret to say that I have yet to read her classic work on eastern North American deciduous forests, probably because I am such a grassland and boreal forest snob.  Thankfully Mr. McCormac is not, and goes to explore all sorts of places in order to find nature at its finest.  I've actually shared his blog before, and if the article above strikes your fancy, give some more of his pages a read.  In that post, I also made note of his book, which is hands down the best nature tourist book on Ohio out there. 

Go.  Read.  Enjoy pretty photography!

No comments:

Post a Comment