Always to the frontier

Monday, July 23, 2012

The Tulsa Skyline

I have to admit that the first time I made my way across the breadth of Oklahoma I was pleasantly surprised by what I saw.  I did not expect everything to be nothing but miles of flat farmland, but I was amazed at how vertical the relief got even just outside of Oklahoma City, and how densely forested everything is.  You can check out this post from three months ago to see more of what I mean.

The blur is the result of extreme humidity conspiring with heat.  Yes, it actually looked like this.

This, for example, is the western approach to Tucson as one descends into the Arkansas River valley on eastbound I-70.

Tulsa has a very interesting broken skyline, with no clearly defined downtown area until one is almost on top of the commercial center.  The city also features a rolling topography that accentuates the lone skyscrapers even more.  All in all, an usual cityscape.

No comments:

Post a Comment