Always to the frontier

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Northern Forests of Arizona

OK, so by now most of my readers get that when I state something will be in the next post, I really mean the next post when it is convenient.  I wanted to take the week to share with the world just how great Detroit is and can be, and only got a little past the theoretical stage of that discussion.  The fact of the matter is that I do not have a lot of photographs of the area, despite having lived here a decent amount of time so far.  I suppose this condition is something similar to New Yorkers never going to see the Statue of Liberty, or more so, New Yorkers never taking pictures of their city.  Thus, I think I will spread out the Detroit love throughout the blog whenever I come across some interesting things to share.

To continue on with the blog in general...

This year, being the Auroral Maximum, when the Northern Lights will be more spectacular than ever, American Voyages will be dedicated to all things northern.  That's right, anything that has more spruce than people will be featured in this glorious year of 2013, even if northern falls far to the south.

Take a look at the misty forests on the north rim of the Grand Canyon:




That's right, this place is all the way down in Arizona, land of sunshine, giant cacti, and vast desert stretches.  As you can see, there is nary a cactus around, and the place is quite wet.  Elevation can extend Le Nord quite some distance south, well into Mexico.  While the trees might be a little more Western Mountain than James Bay, the overall effect is the same.  


No comments:

Post a Comment